I was inspired to make a healthy version of Cherry Garcia Nicecream because I think it’s an excellent treat to eat before you sleep! There are so many healthy sleep promoting ingredients that will curb your sweet tooth too!
Eating healthy carbs before bed (like bananas) are the perfect snack because they are full of brain relaxing tryptophan.
🍌 Bananas also help balance your serotonin levels and help with melatonin putting you in a good mood and helping you sleep. They also are full of magnesium and potassium which will help relax your muscles.
🍒 Cherries are a natural source of melatonin which help to regulate your internal clock.
🍫 Cacao is full of antioxidants that help you get your beauty sleep as well as mood elevating properties. It’s also full of muscle relaxing magnesium!
Try this next time you’re craving a sweet treat before bed! 😘 The full Printable recipe is under the video!!
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup sliced pitted cherries
- 2 tbs. cacao nibs or dark chocolate chips
- 1 juice of one lemon wedge
- 1tbs. coconut shreds or frozen coconut meat (optional)
- Slice frozen bananas and set aside to soften while you gather the rest of the ingredients.
- Slice and pit 1/2 cup of cherries.
- In your food processor, blend bananas until they become a (ice) ceamy base.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to desired consistency leaving some pieces more chunky.
- Place in a bowl and enjoy!