New What I Ate Today Video: Fall Edition!
Shopping List: (for the day!)
1 can coconut milk
4 honey crisp apples
2 bags of organic butternut squash or 1 med/large whole butternut squash
bag of gold potatoes
pink Himalayan salt
red pepper flakes
coconut sugar (optional)
- 1 large or 2 smaller chopped honey crisp apples
- 3 frozen ripe bananas
- 4 soft pitted dates
- sprinkle of coconut sugar
- 2 sprinkles of cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- Almond milk to desired thickness
- Start by softening the dates by soaking them in hot water for a few minutes.
- Blend all ingredients together and enjoy!
- 2 bags of Trader Joes Butternut Sqash cubes or 1 med/large whole Butternut Squash
- 1 large Honeycrisp Apple
- 1/2 cup of full fat coconut cream
- 2-4 garlic cubes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil (or veggie broth)
- 1 inch of fresh grated ginger
- red pepper flakes
- garlic powder
- salt & pepper or (cayenne)
- 1 Carton of Veggie Broth
- Optional: add 2 sweet potatoes, turmeric, or fresh herbs
- Steam- Throw both bags of butternut squash in a pot to steam along with your cut up and peeled honey crisp apple.
- While it is steaming get a separate pan and put olive oil, minced garlic, grated ginger and all seasoning and begin to sauté it lightly until it starts to bubble, turn down heat and add coconut milk.
- Once the cream is broken down, stir together all ingredients and remove from heat and set aside.
- When your butternut squash is done (fork should easily press through) remove from heat, drain, rinse with cool water and then throw it in your blender along with cooled coconut milk seasoning.
- Blend together with your cold Veggie Broth till desired thickness
- Transfer this mixture into your large pot and heat!
- Head of Kale
- 1 lemon
- 1 Tbls. olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves
- Cayenne pepper
- Sea salt and pepper
- Pomegranate Seeds or Cranberries (or other dried fruit)
- Almonds (or any nuts/seeds you prefer, pecans, walnuts, cashews…)
- Nutritional Yeast
- Clean and dry kale.
- Peel (or cut) all the kale leaves from the stem. (You will not be using the stem)
- Chop up remaining leaves as finely as you can and place in a large bowl. Or use your food processor to chop it even finer!
- Mix half of your lemon juice with half your olive oil and a few sprinkles of sea salt and pour over your kale and begin to massage the leaves until they become slightly wilty. (About 2 mins).
- Set aside.
- Mix remaining lemon, garlic and seasoning into a cup and stir to make the dressing.
- Pour over Kale and mix thoroughly.
- In a food processor chop up almonds until the the texture is fine, similar to parmesan cheese.
- Plate your salad and top with cranberries, nut parmesan and nutritional yeast.
- 6 Gold Potatoes
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- 1 tbs. curry powder
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- cayenne pepper
- chile flakes
- pink salt
- Wash, peel and chop potatoes, set aside in bowl.
- In a separate bowl, place all other ingredients and whip together.
- Pour mixture over potatoes and coat well.
- Place seasoned potatoes in a oiled baking dish or over parchment paper.
- Bake on 400f until soft inside and crisp about 50 mins to 1 hour.