Day 7: Ginger
There are so many wonderful things to say about this special root, I’m not sure where to start…Its not only delicious in so many recipes it is also a super powerful healing aid.
Here are some top reasons to give thanks for ginger:
- Soothing to your digestive track; it relieves gastrointestinal distress including upset stomach, gas and nausea. Its safe for pregnant women and very effective in reducing vomiting without any side effects.
- The gingerols inside of ginger are very anti-inflammatory, they have been known to reduce pain in injury and arthritis. Consuming ginger regularly can help keep you active and pain free.
- Powerful against cancer, its been known to kill ovarian cancer cells and colorectal cells.
- Ginger is Immune Boosting, it contains natural antibiotics and can kill bacteria!
I want to let you in on a little remedy that you may (or may not know about) that will knock out anything trying to attack your respiratory system pretty much overnight. This tea is so healing, anti-infalmitory and immune boosting you will be drinking it all winter.
Healing Ginger Tea
- For a one cup serving just boil water and a few inches of chopped ginger root.
- After about 10 minutes pour in your teacup and add 1 tbls. apple cider vinegar, the juice of half a lemon, turmeric powder and/or honey (if you eat it/vegan honey). This has worked wonders for me when I feel a sore throat or cough coming on!
What’s your favorite ginger drink?
P.S. I want to thank @bebe_glow for her shout out today and for all the new followers on Instagram! Feeling blessed by all your support!! ♥
Check it tomorrow for letter “H.”