As you may already know, I have enrolled in the Rouxbe Plant-Based Certification Program!!! You know what that means??
It means I’m going to be posting lots of new recipes for you all and gathering even more to hopefully be release in a book format soon!!
I want to share with you my first recipe…I’m calling it PB&J Everything Oats because you can throw just about everything in this baby! It’s hearty, nutritious and tastes like a sweet peanut butter and jelly sandwich mmmmmmmm…
Let’s get started: (scroll to the end for printable recipe)
As you know, I like to give you OPTIONS so that you can cultivate your own cooking tastes as well as use ingredients you already love, while discovering more with these recipes. I tend to mix things up depending on what I’m in the mood for or what I have on-hand. Here is what I used + more options to consider:
GF rolled Oats (I tired a new one from Trader Joes called Ancient Grain & Super Seed Oatmeal, it already has added nuts, grains and seeds so you don’t have to add more)
Peanut Butter (or any nut or seed butter you prefer)
Loads of mixed frozen berries
Maple Syrup to sweeten
Coconut milk (or other nut milk) and shreds to top
Add bananas, dates, apples and/or cinnamon
Once you’ve cooked your oats, it’s time to mix all the ingredients together!
I like to save some fruit, maple syrup and coconut to add to the very end….
Once everything is stirred together top with remaining ingredients! This is a great late breakfast or lunch idea!
Here is the full recipe with detailed and measured instructions:
- 1/3 cup GF rolled Oats (I tired a new one from Trader Joe's called Ancient Grain & Super Seed Oatmeal, it already has added nuts, grains and seeds so you don't have to add more)
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup mixed frozen berries
- 1 tbs. maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut milk (or other nut milk)
- 1 tbs. coconut shreds
- Add bananas, dates, apples, more nuts/seeds and/or cinnamon.
- Cook oats according to product instructions.
- Once oats are cooked, stir in mixed frozen berries to soften.
- Mix in nut butter, maple syrup and half of your coconut milk.
- Once everything is stirred together, top with remaining coconut milk, maple syrup and coconut shreds.